If you are a new user to www.mj.ca, please read the information below to assist you. Every reported or flagged message is read by moderators to ensure it is suitable after being published. If you do not follow this guidance, your message will be deleted, and determining the severity of the violation even the termination of the account can occur.
We reserve the right to change these rules at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these rules as modified by the posted changes. Please check bottom of the rules and terms page for last revised date.
Every user must note that this site has been created and designed to share investment opinions and ideas. One should never believe anything anyone posts or talks about here at mj.ca. Users may not be who they claim to be and you should always use caution if you decide to disclose any personal information anywhere on the site. Any personal information you post is at your own risk and mj.ca will not be held responsible.
Registered Members and non-registered members posting, commenting, chatting, or uploading
Everyone is welcome to read our message boards or home page postings, however only registered members can post or comment once they’ve have read the rules and the disclaimer of mj.ca.
Posting on home page, chatting in chatroom, posting and commenting in forum and uploading information from the upload page
- Keep your personal details private such as Surnames, addresses, telephone numbers and other similar details are NOT allowed on the boards.
- We will not publish or provide your e-mail address to anyone, unless it is in the interests of public safety to do so. Our registration process requires you to supply us with your e-mail details, but we will only use this information to validate your access to this message board system.
- Choose a suitable screen name but It may not be rude or offensive.
– It may not be rude, offensive or longer than 25 characters.
- Messages that are deemed by the moderator to be illegal or otherwise harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, of an inappropriate sexual or homophobic nature, racially or religiously offensive is not acceptable.
- Only post information pertaining to the board you are on.
- Not to post information that contains any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- NOT to promote sexually explicit material.
- NOT to promote violence.
- NOT to promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- NOT to infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- NOT to be likely to deceive any person.
- NOT to be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- NOT to promote any illegal activity.
- NOT to be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- OT to be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- NOT to be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- NOT to give the impression that they emanate from mj.ca, if this is not the case.
- NOT to advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages is unacceptable. This includes continually posting the same topic or post more than three times in a 24 hour period; posting the same question across several boards; using chain letters; two-word “I agree” or “me too” responses; merely posting an icon; short replies, such as “didn’t read” or “old” on any stock board.
On a similar note, participating in spam attacks by many users working together on the “Investors Hangout” Boards or planning a spam attack on the “Investors Hangout” Message Boards is unacceptable, and these actions will be reported to your ISP.
Posts and topics on stock boards must have some sort of quality to them, and topics should be worthy of discussion. While topics can range in topic, it doesn’t mean you can make “any” topic you wish. They must maintain a level of quality on any stock board. Topics such as the following should be avoided:
We will have an off topic board that you can use to post information about anything staying within the rules of the site. Things like what you have eaten, clothes you are wearing, or other related items. Telling people where you are going, what you’re doing at the time, etc. These are Ok on member boards but not on stock boards.
Things not allows anywhere on the site but not be limited to are:
- No porn.
- No Posting games on stock boards.
- No lewd, rude, racist, or offensive posts
- No trolling (posting an obviously negative post/thread to elicit an angry response). .
- Be respectful and polite to other message board members.
- “I’m leaving” type threads are not permitted as they most often contain zero discussion value on any stock boards.
- Posts such as “lol” and “ok” are considered spam/Off Topic and will not be tolerated on any stock boards.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of rules through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
One account per person
You must agree to maintain only one account at hotpennytrades.com Failure to do so could and will cause all accounts that are opened to be terminated or suspended.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, mj.ca put all liabilities onto each individual to do their own investigation and come to their own conclusion and take full responsibility for what happens.
This Site may contain links to other Internet websites or resources. We neither control nor endorse such other websites, nor have we reviewed or approved any content that appears on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality, accuracy, or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products, services, or information located on or through any other websites, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such content.
We ask all members and readers to but not be limited to:
- contact a financial consultant before making any investment decision based on any information contained in this site
- Because we cannot verify the accuracy of the information posted on this site, that we ask all members to refer all information on this site as commercial advertisements.
- Any posts either on the home page, chatroom, forum or any other interactive features this site offers are opinions of the poster and not to be taken as a representation to buy or sell any security.
- Governing Law/Jurisdictional: This site is administered by mj.ca, which is located in Alberta, Canada. Any matter arising out of the use of this Site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta to determine any action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with this Site.
- You agree to hold all of mj.ca, all its owners and employees harmless and completely release them from any and all liability due to any loss incurred (Monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise) or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may occur arising out of the use of our websites or information within our electronic communications, profiles and or opinions. You agree to use mj.ca website at your own risk.
For a complete disclosure please click here.For a complete disclosure please Click here
Now, that you have read the rules, terms and conditions and disclaimer fully, by visiting the site and or joining the newsletter, you agree to hold all of mj.ca and all its owners and employees harmless and completely release them from any and all liability due to any loss incurred (Monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise) or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may occur arising out of the use of our websites or information within our electronic communications, profiles and or opinions. You agree to use of www.mj.ca website at your own risk.